Saturday, December 11, 2010

Saturday 12/11 Painting Day Cancelled

The weekend pattern of snow storms hasn't disappointed and we are in the middle of a big one today! We were hoping to paint the snow, not to be snowed in or snowed on to the point of being buried in it. In the interest of safety and sanity... the day is officially postponed.

Stay tuned... And enjoy the winter wonderland from a safe place.

Friday, December 10, 2010

Oh oh! Saturday in Stillwater?

I'm sure that any of you in Minnesota or Wisconsin are hearing and/or seeing the forecast for snow for Friday night into Saturday night. We're expected to have 7-11" by Saturday afternoon with temps falling to near 0ºF and wind.

Keep an eye on this one... it sounds like it could be a major event for anyone in this region. Personally, I may not even be able to make it to Stillwater but will if possible. Use caution...

Here is the NOAA Weather site with the NWS Winter Storm Warning statement.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Let's Paint Saturday December 11, 2010!!!

I can't believe it's taken this long to kick this thing off, but here we go, and in December of all times! I've been secluded in the studio for the last week and all this week upcoming. It's time to get out there and experience some of this wonderful Winter Wonderland we're having.

To start this off, I think that meeting in Stillwater would be a good idea. If you're interested in painting on Saturday December 11th at 9:00 am, meet in the parking lot on the waterfront between the Lift Bridge and P.D. Pappy's.

Last spring, but the area to meet...

There's a lot to paint from the river itself to the architecture of the Stillwater skyline. Restrooms are close by and we can reconnoiter for warmth and lunch at one of the many eating establishments in Stillwater when the cold gets to be too much.

I'll be there, hope to see some of you as well.